How to transform your business in 2016
By Microsoft Discrete Manufacturing team on March 16, 2016
Filed under Discrete Manufacturing
In manufacturing, staying on top of industry and market trends is critical to maintain and grow your business. At Microsoft Envision you will gain crucial insights, discover new solutions and build connections that will help you transform your business in 2016.
This new conference launches April 4th in New Orleans, joining Microsoft’s big-four annual conference line-up including Microsoft Build (for developers), Microsoft Ignite (for IT professionals), and the Worldwide Partner Conference.
Get a multifaceted view of the industry landscape, opportunities, and emerging technologies specifically in the manufacturing industry (one of eight key industry focuses). Microsoft Envision featured speakers are high-level executives, analysts, authors, and other business gurus.
Sessions are designed for decision makers in operations, finance, sales, marketing, and IT. A few to take note of:
- Manufacturing: State of the industry. Gary Pisano, Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School, and other top experts in the field investigate the current trends changing discrete and process manufacturing, and how to navigate the opportunities provided by a global marketplace for suppliers and customer.
- Impact of 3D printing on manufacturing. Adrian Lannin, Program Manager at Microsoft, and Simon Floyd, Industry Technology Strategy Director at Microsoft, describe the next steps for the 3D printing industry, and what they expect to accomplish in forming the 3MF Consortium.
- Lean manufacturing in the cloud. Ben Hagler, Vice President of Hagler Systems, and other industry visionaries explore how to leverage the cloud to reach new heights in lean operations.
- What is a smart manufacturer? Colin Masson, Global Industry Director of Manufacturing at Microsoft, and other industry experts discuss how organizations today can lead a cleaner, smarter manufacturing revolution.
- Transform automotive manufacturing in a connected world. Sanjay Ravi, Managing Director for Worldwide Discrete Manufacturing at Microsoft, and Gary O’Brien, Global Advanced Engineering Director at Delphi’s Electronics and Safety division, investigate the current trends changing today’s automotive industry and highlight how, using the power of the Microsoft Azure platform, Delphi was able to develop a system to manage, extract, and analyze information from a plug-and-play on-board diagnostic module in the car.
- Transform the connected vehicle with Qoros. Rohit Bhargava, Director of Global Technology Strategy at Microsoft, and Ling Bai, Director of Connected Services at Qoros Auto, will share insights and experiences on the connected vehicle and the changing nature of the relationship between consumers, cars and society in today’s digitally-connected world.
- The journey into the connected home from Honeywell. Indranil Sircar, Director of Industry Technical Strategy at Microsoft, and Scott Harkins, Vice President of Honeywell Connected Home, discuss new business models emerging in the industry-wide transition to a connected world.
- The Industrial IoT (IIOT): Industry standard protocols. Enrique Andaluz, Industry Director of Strategic Business Development at Microsoft, shares how multiple industry protocols can support your digital business transformation.
Microsoft Envision not only brings you the latest trends and solutions, but also connects you with innovators and experts both within and beyond the manufacturing industry. With pressures from above and below it’s nice to spend three days with people who truly know what your job is like— and can help you disrupt it.
Register today and gain the insights you need to take advantage of the evolving business landscape and build invaluable connections. New sessions and speakers are still being added. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop.