Hannover Messe 2017: Delivering digital manufacturing excellence with our partners
By Discrete Manufacturing Team on April 18, 2017
Filed under Discrete Manufacturing
Hannover Messe 2017 is right around the corner! We’re looking forward to showing manufacturers first-hand all the exciting possibilities that are now available to transform their business and grow revenue through the latest advancements in digital technology.
Delivering excellence in digital manufacturing today will take center stage in our Microsoft Booth this year, bringing manufacturers a showcase of digital solutions, real-life best practices, and some of the most innovative use cases in production, all with measurable results.
Our manufacturing industry partners, their expertise, and innovation with Microsoft technology, are critical to this success, and we are pleased to have many of our partners with us, sharing the latest technology solutions, strategies and examples of digital excellence and business value in areas like advanced analytics, connected services, digital twins, predictive maintenance, industrial automation, IIoT, industrial robotics and more.
Here are some highlights of what you can see at Hannover Messe from our manufacturing partners. Be sure to visit all of our partners at this year’s event:
- OSIsoft. OSIsoft will show how multiple customers such as Barrick Gold, Deschutes Brewery, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS), MPWiK (Wrocław, Poland), and Toyota Motor Europe are accelerating their Industry 4.0 efforts through the Red Carpet Incubation program created by OSIsoft and Microsoft. Under this agile program, OSIsoft and Microsoft show customers how to leverage contextualized OSIsoft PI System data in Microsoft Azure with PI Integrator for Microsoft Azure.
- Rockwell Automation. Rockwell Automation and Microsoft are joining forces to accelerate innovation for both Operations and Information Technology, empowering businesses to design and apply solutions in new ways throughout the value chain. This showcase will demonstrate how, by digitizing your production assets, you can unlock value by more effectively connecting real-time data sources with relevant stakeholders across the enterprise and by creating simple, contemporary methods to interact with complex data and systems.
- Accenture. Accenture will showcase multiple IoT industry solutions integrated with Microsoft Azure, demonstrating the value of Connected Asset Management applied to the manufacturing industry, as well as smart buildings.
- Beckhoff Automation. Beckhoff presents ready-to-use solutions using sensors and machines for Azure Analytics for IoT and Industry 4.0 applications including an IoT Controller for predictive maintenance with a pick-and-place robot, and an IoT Coupler for lighting—helping monitor and reduce energy consumption on the factory floor.
- COPA-DATA. COPA-DATA is showing an Industrial IoT customer solution together with KHS, one of the world-leading machine builders within the food & beverage industry. The solution is focusing on predictive maintenance and condition monitoring and will include part of a KHS Plasmax machine.
- Cosmo Consult AG. Cosmo Consult’s showcase represents the digital supply chain integrating manufacturers, a vendor of pumps, a plant construction company and the operator. You’ll also see the entire digital supply chain utilizing Microsoft Azure cloud services, with integration across applications like mobile apps, Dynamics 365 (ERP) and Office 365 for collaboration.
- Icertis Inc. Icertis will feature Icertis Contract Management, demonstrating how manufacturers can use this solution to increase compliance, improve governance, mitigate risk and enhance user productivity, thereby maximizing ROI and accelerating time to value across the global enterprise.
- proMX GmbH. proMX and its customer, hhpberlin – Ingenieure für Brandschutz GmbH, will showcase the benefits of managing sales, project management, customer and field service with Microsoft Dynamics 365. proMX and hhpberlin will also focus on the integration of the Industrial Internet of Things with Dynamics 365, and bring compatible 100 IoT apps to the booth.
- eBECS. With many companies looking at making the most of the sensors embedded in their manufacturing equipment, as well as embedding sensors into their products, eBECS brings Azure IoT Suite, Cortana Intelligence Suite and Microsoft Dynamics 365 together with eBECS Field Service to drive the maximum value from your field service team.
- ICONICS. ICONICS will make the invisible visible at Hannover Messe by showcasing the world’s first 3D Holographic Machine Interface using Microsoft HoloLens technology to control a Comau robot. Attendees will be able to interact with the robot to visualize and analyze real-time production data via ICONICS’ IoTWorX software solution.
- M&M Software GmbH. This showcase will demonstrate the Asset Management Cloud, an industrial Azure IoT solution that consists of a cloud service with a web-portal, which makes it possible to collect data decentralized from the field level to the cloud. From there, this solution enables users to access current and historical data independent of location, monitor status and handle alarms.
- Maschinen fabrik Reinhausen. ValueFacturing, a division of Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen, is presenting the first Industry 4.0 solution from the German Cloud. Unlike a conventional solution where the assistance system is implemented locally on the customer’s servers, all the ValueFacturing applications are located in the Microsoft Azure Cloud, resulting in shorter project times, less administrative work, and lower ongoing costs.
- ML!PA Consulting GmbH. ML!PA will show off the SmartChain intelligent product, developed in close cooperation with German-based industrial customer igus, the world market leader for energy chains. Using integrated sensors and advanced algorithms, the SmartChain can predict its remaining useful lifetime, enabling igus to deliver exchange parts before the chain breaks.
- ORBIS AG. ORBIS AG will show us how machine sensors can report measurement data to the Azure IoT Suite, using Machine Learning rules to predict the combination of measurement data leading to faults using Microsoft Dynamic 365.
- Yokogawa Electric Corp. Yokogawa will demonstrate the “Hot spring (Onsen) monitoring system” use case. The system consists of flowmeters, thermometers, and electric conductivity meters, which are provided for hot spring business operators and geothermal businesses based on Yokogawa’s IIoT Architecture. Yokogawa is one of a few companies which can provide these sensors and monitoring solution as one stop solution.
- Zühlke Engineering AG. Zühlke will show how, by networking your things, allows you to create digital customer services which provide genuine added value and offer new opportunities in areas such as performance-based pricing. Zühlke’s industrial IoT solutions for preventive and predictive condition-based monitoring can be controlled via a smartphone app, which connects machinery and backend and supports on-site servicing. Complex maintenance procedures can be realised using digital reality solutions, such as remote maintenance via HoloLens.
Learn more here about how our partners are making a powerful impact on our manufacturing customers with transformative technologies. You can also visit our Hannover Messe 2017 website for more highlights of our booth and engagement activities including booth tours, theater sessions, and 1:1 meetings with Microsoft industry experts.