Better together with Microsoft Teams
By Microsoft in Business Team on October 15, 2017
Filed under Microsoft in Business
Today’s workforce is more geographically scattered than ever, but with digital workspaces and cloud collaboration tools, teams can work together from anywhere in real time across regions, time zones, and countries. In November 2016, we introduced our latest solution for empowering the modern workplace—Microsoft Teams. Powered by intuitive group chat, Teams works to unite your people, conversations, and content with the tools to help every organization collaborate and achieve more.
Now, we’re excited to share with you some of the new features and improvements we’ve made to the Teams platform to help you drive collaboration and efficiency throughout your organization.
New features include:
- “New Teams Meeting” Outlook add-in
- Meetings on mobile client
- Mobile voice with video calling
- New cloud storage options
- Actionable cards for connectors
- Email integration
- Integration with Microsoft Flow and Microsoft Stream
- Intune integration
- Accessibility features
And we’ve rolled out the following improvements:
- Discover apps, app discover experience, input extensions, compose extension, extensible feed, developer preview program
- Expanding tabs to full-screen
We’ve also built guest access capabilities into Teams, allowing you to connect with anyone who has an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account on a secure server.
We encourage you to join us at one of our Microsoft Technology Centers around the United States to learn firsthand about these new features, and participate in a Microsoft Teams Workshop to help you uncover how to get the most out of Teams for your organization. With a focus on IT and DevOps applications, the workshops continue to offer three tracks:
- IT Pro track
- Test Teams’ admin capabilities in a hands-on environment and see how it affects other Office 365 apps for yourself
- Gain expert insight into governance guidance to support planning, delivering, and operating Microsoft Teams in your existing IT environment
- Resources to support architecture and network planning and ensure security and compliance
- User adoption track o Expert recommended approaches to deploy Teams, plan a pilot, and ultimately an organization-wide roll out
- Real world examples to inform your discussions across different lines of business
- Additional resources to support your company roll out, change management, and adoption processes
- Development track
- Learn how to develop your own tabs, connectors, bots, and compose extensions in a hands-on environment to support your business and get the most out of Teams
As a hub for teamwork, this chat-based collaboration platform aims to unite groups of all sizes from every corner of the map. Discover the new features and improvements, and learn how you can leverage Teams to drive collaboration. Reserve your spot today, and be sure to check out the other great Microsoft Technology Center events happening near you.
- Learn more about Microsoft Teams