Submissions Closed 2/5/2016.
Winners were announced at the HIMSS Conference in Las Vegas, NV on 3/2/2016. Check back late Fall for updates on the 2017 Microsoft Health Innovation Awards or sign up for the Microsoft Health Users Group newsletter to receive the announcement of the 2017 Microsoft Health Innovation Awards Call for Submissions.
The Microsoft Health Innovation Awards 2016 are presented annually to the healthcare or life sciences organization and technology solution partner—with which it has collaborated—that best demonstrates industry leadership in using technology to achieve innovation excellence.
Who should enter?
The award committee will accept nominations from a qualifying healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical resource, or medical device organization* worldwide, which has developed and implemented a solution independently or working with a technology solution partner, as long as the solution is based on the latest Microsoft technologies. The award emphasizes the innovative application of available software and the creation of new solutions.
*Healthcare organizations examples include: hospitals, health systems, clinics, group practices, public health organizations and health plans.
Why should you enter?
- Winners will be featured in promotional and marketing activities, such as the Microsoft in Health newsletter and blog, as well as possible media interviews.
- Winners will receive a “Winner” trophy.
- Winners will receive a marketing document on how to publicize the fact that the organization is a winner.
How do we pick the winner?
An independent panel of Judges will pick one winner from the qualified submissions received in each of the categories below. The solution (or combination of solutions) can be offered by any qualifying company worldwide as long as it is based on the latest Microsoft technologies; represents a breakthrough from the industry & historical approaches; and goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
A full description of each of the categories can be found in the downloadable entry submission form.
Building the Intelligent Cloud Platform
Improving operational efficiency, insight, engagement, security, availability, reducing costs, and/or driving innovation through an intelligent cloud platform and/or advanced analytics.
Creating More Personal Computing
Enhancing the consumer or clinician experience by making experiences mobile, easier, faster, more integrated, and less prone to error or attack
Reinventing Productivity and Business Processes
Transforming care delivery or population health with new ways to connect clinicians or consumers to team members, insights, and/or processes.
If there is truly no categories above for which your solution fits into, you may enter this category.
Entries will be judged primarily on the following three criteria:
- The innovation represents a breakthrough from the industry’s historical approaches.
- The innovation goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
- The innovation measurably improves significant business and/or clinical processes that positively impact patient care.
The entry period ends on Friday, February 5th, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. No entries will be accepted after the entry period closes.
Documents & downloads
- Microsoft Health Innovation Awards Official Rules 2016: The Microsoft Health Innovation Awards are presented annually to the health organization and technology partner that best demonstrate industry leadership in using technology to achieve innovation excellence.
- Microsoft Health Innovation Awards Official Entry Form 2016: Download and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet the Judges: Learn more about the panel of experts who will determine the award winners.
- Microsoft Health Users Group Newsletter: You must be signed up for the Microsoft Health Users Group newsletter. Registration is complimentary.
For more information
For more information, please contact Monika Skibeness at:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to authorized representatives of healthcare organization OR a Microsoft Technology Solution Partner (ISV or System Integrator) who is 18 years of age or older. Residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria are not eligible. See Official Rules for complete details.
You must be signed up for the Microsoft Health Users Group newsletter. Registration is complimentary.